Differentiate your Hair Salon with the Helix Hair Color Consultation Method
When clients arrive at the salon they are thrilled to jump on the chair for you to begin to work your magic; but before you get down to business, the most crucial step of the service is offering your clients a professional hair color consultation to come up with a strategy to achieve the desired hair color.
Discover the Main Objectives of the Hair Color Consultation
Going the extra mile in your business is what will make the difference in your brand image, customer preference, loyalty and make your customers recommend you to others. It is key to advise the client and assess whether it is possible to obtain the result they expect based on the condition of the hair and other factors, before proceeding with the coloring technique. Also, most importantly, evaluate whether the hair color change is compatible with the client’s lifestyle, find below the complete list of objectives:
- Stand out from the competition
- Give confidence to our clients
- Build relationship
- Understand client’s needs
- Personalized service
- Knowing the hair history
- Establish a plan for our color selection & placement
- Explain the steps & our choices to the client
The Right Questions to Ask During a Hair Color Consultation
Now that you have the client sitting on your chair, there is no time to waste on banal topics. We have created a list with the top questions you can’t miss to ask your client for exceptional hair coloring results:
- Hair history in the last 2 to 5 years
- Morning routine/frequency of salon visits
- How does your dream hair look like?
- How often do you wear your hair up?
- What do you like or dislike about your hair?
Visit our e-learning platform REVLONPROALWAYSON and get the full list of questions and details.
Hair Image Consultation, Inspiration, Application and More
- Image Evaluation and Analysis: Several factors need to be taken into account when doing an image analysis: the shape of the face, the hair texture, the client’s skin tone, natural shade of eyebrows and hair color and last but not least, the color of the eyes.
- Hair Color Inspiration Photos: Nowadays, there are many sources where clients get inspiration, some hair colors can be obtained on the first visit, and some others need several appointments until the final look is achieved.
- Recommended Hair Color Application: When coloring hair, even if it is with one shade only, a dimensional hair color may appear, and this is due to several factors that have an impact on the end color result. Visit our REVLONPROALWAYSON e-learning platform to learn more about dimensional hair color and get the details, tips and tricks on the most requested hair color applications.
Hair Color Care at Home
Sometimes it might be quite easy to obtain the hair color results the client desires, but in some cases, the road might not have been as simple as we think. Either way, an at-home hair color routine will be the key factor to making the results last longer and maintaining the hair color in similar conditions as when the client left the hair salon.
Leave Time for a Q & A after the Hair Color Consultation
When someone is about to make an important change, it is normal to have questions about what was just explained to them or question whether what they are about to do is the best option they could have chosen. Leave time for a Q&A with your clients, for them to feel confident about the decision they have just made. This will make them leave your salon 100% sure that they took the right decision about the salon, technique and color.
If you are ready to become a pro and offer your clients a different service with an added value, visit our e-learning platform REVLONPROALWAYSON and get all the details on the Helix Consultation Method using the Revlonissimo Colorsmetique™ range. Have you run out of your favorite Revlonissimo™ products or need a restock? Go to REVLONPROSHOP, our online store where you can easily get access to the most wanted hair products, and have them on your shelves in the blink of an eye. If you are not a Revlon Professional® client yet, register in a few simple steps. In addition, you can get in contact with the sales representative of your area and obtain personalized assistance based on your needs.
Become a Helix Consultation Expert Today!